For Christ's Glory, For Students' Hearts and Minds, For Your Family's Growth
Statement of Faith
The ultimate basis of the Veritas Academy shall be the infallible and inerrant Word of God set forth in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments and the system of biblical doctrine of which is essentially summarized in the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Westminster Larger and Shorter Catechisms (collectively, “the Westminster Standards”).
The mission, commitments, approach, and goals described above flow from the faith commitments of Veritas Academy. The program at Veritas is the direct consequence of its theological convictions. Our statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as defined by the 66 canonical books of the Old and New Testaments, is the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For the purposes of Veritas Academy’s faith, doctrine, practice, behavioral standards, policy, and discipline, our board of directors is the final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
Our full Statement of Faith is outlined in our Parent/Student Handbook.
The foundational commitments of a classical, Christian, and covenantal school (or any other school) distinguish it as an institution and are the standards against which all new ideas and practices are tested. They are the core values to which the school (board, administration, faculty, and families) is committed and for which it is responsible to safeguard and promote for future generations.
1. Christian Worldview: We believe that every aspect of our children’s education must be intentionally founded upon biblical truth.
2. Classical Liberal Arts: We are committed to the traditional and long-established exemplary forms and standards in education handed down from ancient and medieval educators.
3. Covenantal Family-Based School: We seek to assist parents in their God-given task of educating their children in the Lord.(Prov. 22.6)
4. Wisdom and Virtue: We believe that true education culminates in wise and virtuous students who are being conformed to the image of Christ.
5. God-Honoring Excellence: We are dedicated to teaching and learning with excellence as unto the Lord.
6. Appropriate Forms and Habits: We believe that true education recognizes that hearts and minds are shaped not only by ideas and knowledge, but also by practices, habits, routines, and liturgies.